Seeing a police car with its light flashing in your rear mirror is a tense feeling, and dealing with the accusations can be a headache too. There are some ways to deal with the accusation in Shenandoah, Virginia:
- Pay the fine or plead guilty and plea bargain.
- Dismiss the traffic ticket or plead not guilty.
It is important to know that winning the case does not mean in dismissing the traffic ticket, it only means you are placing the violation points on your driving record. Violation points and citation can cost you heavily and it can also effects the driving privileges you have in Shenandoah, Virginia. If you are deciding to fight for the charges you must need to know the following points:
- Hire a traffic lawyer: The first thing you should do is to contact a traffic lawyer that will help you in dismissing your charges.
- Head to the court: Just head for the court to enter you not guilty plea, then you will be provided with a date and time to reappear in the court.
- Preparation: Prepare and plan yourself for the next hearing, write down the questions and be prepared to face to the court.
- Be Professional: If you want to make a favourable impression then be as professional as possible. The judge will listen both sides and then decide whether you are guilty or not.
If the judge finds you not guilty of the charges then you have to pay for the citation fee. But if you hired an attorney, you will only pay the court and legal fee. It is also very important to check that the ticket is not added to the driving record. There are serious consequences for traffic violations for example an increase in the insurance rate or a license suspension. Do whatever it takes to maintain your driving record error free in Shenandoah, Virginia.
But there is a big possibility that the judge will finds you guilty of the charges. If this is the case then you have to face many consequences including court and legal fee. Here is a list of consequences you might fact if found guilty of the charges:
- Have the violation points added to your driving record.
- Ordered to visit a driver improvement clinic.
- Pay for the traffic ticket.
- Suspension of the license and the end of driving privileges.
If you are punished with the violation points, you can still obtain 5 safe driving points by visiting a driver improvement clinic. In Shenandoah, Virginia a driver also gets awarded with 1 safe driving point for not violating any traffic laws. Remember Virginia traffic laws are very strict, to avoid the trouble just drive safely and fulfil all the requirements that the state asks you for driving on the roads.
For consultation with a traffic ticket attorney in Shenandoah, Virginia feel free to contact SRIS Law Group, P.C. Lawyer,
Call us at 888-437-7747.